Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
40 Hadith (40 Hadis in English)
40 Hadith

1. Umar bin Al-Khattab reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, say:

إنـما الأعـمـال بالنيات وإنـمـا لكـل امـرئ ما نـوى، فمن كـانت هجرته إلى الله ورسولـه فهجرتـه إلى الله ورسـوله، ومن كانت هجرته لـدنيا يصـيبها أو امرأة ينكحها فهجرته إلى ما هاجر إليه

Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1]

2. Umar bin Al-Khattab reported: One day while we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and whose hair was exceedingly black; no signs of journeying were to be seen on him and none of us knew him. He walked up and sat down by the prophet. Resting his knees against his and placing the palms of his hands on his thighs, he said, “O Muhammad, tell me about Islam.” The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

الإسـلام أن تـشـهـد أن لا إلـه إلا الله وأن محـمـداً رسـول الله، وتـقـيـم الصلاة، وتـؤتي الـزكاة، وتـصوم رمضان، وتـحـج البيت إن اسـتـطـعت إليه سبيلاً

Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so.

The man said: “You have spoken rightly,” and we were amazed at him asking him and saying that he had spoken rightly. Then he said: “Tell me about faith.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

أن تؤمن بالله وملائكته وكتبه ورسله واليوم الآخر وتؤمن بالقدر خيره وشره

It is to believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day, and to believe in divine destiny, both the good and the evil thereof.

The man said, “You have spoken rightly. Then tell me about excellence.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

أن تعبد الله كأنك تراه، فإن لم تكن تراه فإنه يراك

It is to worship Allah as though you are seeing Him, and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you.

The man said, “Then tell me about the Hour.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

ما المسؤول عنها بأعلم من السائل

The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner.

The man said, “Then tell me about its signs.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

أن تلد الأمة ربتها، وأن ترى الحفاة العراة العالة رعاء الشاء يتطاولون في البنيان

That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress and that you will see the barefooted, naked, destitute herdsman competing in constructing lofty buildings.

Then he left and I stayed for a time. Then the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

يا عمر أتدري من السائل ؟

O Umar, do you know who the questioner was?

I said, “Allah and His messenger know best.” He said:

فإنه جبريل ، أتاكم يعلمكم دينكم

He was Gabriel who came to you to teach you your religion.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 1]

3. Ibn Umar, the son of Umar bin Al-Khattab, reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

بـني الإسـلام على خـمـس: شـهـادة أن لا إلـه إلا الله وأن محمد رسول الله، وإقامة الصلاة، وإيـتـاء الـزكـاة، وحـج البيت، وصـوم رمضان

Islam has been built on five [pillars]: testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the zakat, making the pilgrimage to the House, and fasting in Ramadan.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 2, Number 8; and Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 18]

4. Abdullah bin Masud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and he is the truthful, the trusted, said to us:

إن أحـدكم يجمع خلقه في بطن أمه أربعين يوماً نطفه، ثم يكون علقةً مثل ذلك، ثم يكون مـضغـةً مثل ذلك، ثم يرسل إليه الملك، فينفخ فيه الروح، ويـؤمر بأربع كلمات: بكتب رزقه، وأجله، وعمله، وشقي أم سعيد؛ فوالله الـذي لا إلــه غـيره إن أحــدكم ليعـمل بعمل أهل الجنه حتى ما يكون بينه وبينها إلا ذراع فيسبق عليه الكتاب فيعـمل بعـمل أهــل النار فـيـدخـلها. وإن أحدكم ليعمل بعمل أهل النار حتي ما يكون بينه وبينها إلا ذراع فــيسـبـق عليه الكتاب فيعمل بعمل أهل الجنة فيدخلها

Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother’s belly for forty days in the form of seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether happy or unhappy. By Allah, other than Whom there is no god, verily one of you behaves like the people of Paradise until there is but an arm’s length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Hell-fire and thus he enters it; and one of you behaves like the people of Hell-fire until there is but an arm’s length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Paradise and thus he enters it.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 33, Number 6390]

5. Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

من أحدث في أمرنا هـذا مـا لـيـس مـنه فهـو رد

He who innovates something in this matter of ours that is not of it will have it rejected.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 49, Number 861]

In one version in Sahih Muslim it reads:

مـن عـمـل عـمـلاً لـيـس عـلـيه أمـرنا فهـو رد

He who does an act which our matter is not [in agreement] with will have it rejected.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 18, Number 4266]

6. Numan bin Bashir reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, say:

إن الحلال بيّن، وإن الحـرام بيّن، وبينهما أمـور مشتبهات لا يعـلمهن كثير من الناس، فمن اتقى الشبهات فـقـد استبرأ لديـنه وعـرضه، ومن وقع في الشبهات وقـع في الحرام، كـالراعي يـرعى حول الحمى يوشك أن يرتع فيه، ألا وإن لكل ملك حمى، ألا وإن حمى الله محارمه، ألا وإن في الجـسد مضغة إذا صلحـت صلح الجسد كله، وإذا فـسـدت فـسـد الجسـد كـلـه، ألا وهي الـقـلب

That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah’s sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart.

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 50]

7. Tamim Al-Dari reported: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

الـديـن النصيحة

Religion is sincerity.

We said: “To whom?” He said:

لله، ولـكـتـابـه، ولـرسـولـه، ولأ ئـمـة الـمـسـلـمـيـن وعــامـتهم

To Allah and His Book, and His messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 98]

8. Abdullah bin Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

أُمِرْتُ أَنْ أُقَاتِلَ النَّاسَ حَتَّى يَشْهَدُوا أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، وَيُقِيمُوا الصَّلاَةَ، وَيُؤْتُوا الزَّكَاةَ، فَإِذَا فَعَلُوا ذَلِكَ عَصَمُوا مِنِّي دِمَاءَهُمْ وَأَمْوَالَهُمْ إِلاَّ بِحَقِّ الإِسْلاَمِ، وَحِسَابُهُمْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ‏

I have been ordered to fight against people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah and until they perform the prayers and pay charity, and if they do so they will have gained protection from me for their lives and property, unless [they do acts that are punishable] in accordance with Islam, and their reckoning will be with Allah the Almighty.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 33]

Ibn Taymiyah comments on this Hadith:

مراده قتال المحاربين الذين أذن الله في قتالهم، لم يرد قتال المعاهدين الذين أمر الله بوفاء عهدهم‏

It refers to fighting those who are waging war, whom Allah has permitted us to fight. It does not refer to those who have a covenant with us, whom Allah commands us to fulfill our covenant.

[Majmu Al-Fatawa 19/20]

9. Abu Huraira reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, say:

ما نهيتكم عنه فاجتنبوه، وما أمرتكم به فأتوا منه ما استطعتم، فإنما أهلك الذين من قبلكم كثرة مسائلهم واختلافهم على أنبيائهم

What I have forbidden to you, avoid; what I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. It was only their excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their prophets that destroyed those who were before you.

[Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim]

10. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إن الله تعالى طيب لا يقبل إلا طيباً، وإن الله أمر المؤمنين بما أمر به المرسلين فقال تعالى: يَا أَيُّهَا الرُّسُلُ كُلُوا مِنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ وَاعْمَلُوا صَالِحاً ، وقال تعالى: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ ، ثم ذكر الرجل يطيل السفر أشعث أغبر يمد يده إلى السماء: يا رب ! يا رب ! ومطعمه حرام ومشربه حرام وملبسه حرام وغذي بالحرام فأنّى يستجاب له؟

Allah the Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the faithful to do that which he commanded the messengers, and the Almighty has said, “O Messengers! Eat of the good things and do right.” (23:51) And Allah the Almighty has said, “O you who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you.” (2:172) Then he mentioned [the case of] a man who, having journeyed far, is disheveled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky [saying], “O Lord! O Lord!” while his food is unlawful, his drink unlawful, his clothing unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered!

[Sahih Muslim]

11. Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, reported: I memorized from the Messenger of Allah his saying:

دع ما يـريـبـك إلى ما لا يـريـبـك

Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2520, Sunan An-Nasa'i 5711]

12. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

من حُسن إسلام المرء تركه ما لا يعـنيه

Part of someone’s being a good Muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him.

[Sunan al-Tirmidhi 2318, Sunan Ibn Majah 3976]

13. Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

لا يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدُكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لأَخِيهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ

None of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 2, Number 15]

14. Abdullah bin Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

لا يحل دم امرىء مسلم يشهد أن لا إله إلا الله، وأني رسول الله إلا بـإحـدي ثـلاث الـثـيـّب الــزاني، والـنـفـس بـالنفس، والـتـارك لـديـنـه الـمـفـارق للـجـمـاعـة

The blood of a Muslim may not be legally shed except in one of three cases: the married person who commits adultery; a life for a life; and one who forsakes his religion and splits the community.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 16, Number 4152]

15. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

مَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ فَلْيَقُلْ خَيْرًا أَوْ لِيَصْمُتْ وَمَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ فَلْيُكْرِمْ جَارَهُ وَمَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ فَلْيُكْرِمْ ضَيْفَهُ

Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbor, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 78]

16. Abu Huraira reported: A man said to the Prophet, “Counsel me.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

لا تغضب

Do not become angry.

The man repeated his request several times, and he kept saying:

لا تغضب

Do not become angry.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 73, Number 137]

17. Shaddad bin Aws reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَتَبَ الْإِحْسَانَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ فَإِذَا قَتَلْتُمْ فَأَحْسِنُوا الْقِتْلَةَ وَإِذَا ذَبَحْتُمْ فَأَحْسِنُوا الذَّبْحَ وَلْيُحِدَّ أَحَدُكُمْ شَفْرَتَهُ فَلْيُرِحْ ذَبِيحَتَهُ

Verily Allah has prescribed proficiency in all things. Thus, if you kill, kill well; and if you slaughter, slaughter well. Let each one of you sharpen his blade and let him spare suffering to the animal he slaughters.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 21, Number 4810]

18. Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

اتَّقِ اللَّهِ حَيْثُمَا كُنْتَ وَأَتْبِعْ السَّيِّئَةَ الْحَسَنَةَ تَمْحُهَا وَخَالِقِ النَّاسَ بِخُلُقٍ حَسَنٍ

Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people.

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book 25, Number 1987, Sahih]

19. Abdullah ibn Abbas reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, peace be upon him, and he said to me:

يَا غُلَامُ إِنِّي أُعَلِّمُكَ كَلِمَاتٍ احْفَظْ اللَّهَ يَحْفَظْكَ احْفَظْ اللَّهَ تَجِدْهُ تُجَاهَكَ إِذَا سَأَلْتَ فَاسْأَلْ اللَّهَ وَإِذَا اسْتَعَنْتَ فَاسْتَعِنْ بِاللَّهِ وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ الْأُمَّةَ لَوْ اجْتَمَعَتْ عَلَى أَنْ يَنْفَعُوكَ بِشَيْءٍ لَمْ يَنْفَعُوكَ إِلَّا بِشَيْءٍ قَدْ كَتَبَهُ اللَّهُ لَكَ وَلَوْ اجْتَمَعُوا عَلَى أَنْ يَضُرُّوكَ بِشَيْءٍ لَمْ يَضُرُّوكَ إِلَّا بِشَيْءٍ قَدْ كَتَبَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْكَ رُفِعَتْ الْأَقْلَامُ وَجَفَّتْ الصُّحُفُ

Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book 35, Number 2516, Sahih]

20. Abu Mas’ud Uqbah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إن مما أدرك الناس من كلام النبوة الأولى إذا لم تستح فاصنع ما شئت

Among the words people obtained from the first prophecy are: if you feel no shame, then do as you wish.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 56, Number 690]

21. Sufyan b. Abdulla al-Thaqafi reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, to tell me something about Islam which I would not need to ask anybody afterwards. He said:

قُلْ آمَنْتُ بِاللَّهِ فَاسْتَقِمْ ‏‏

Say, “I believe in Allah” and thereafter be upright.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 62]

22. Jabir bin Abdullah reported: A man asked the Messenger of Allah, “Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadan, treat as lawful that which is lawful and treat as forbidden that which is forbidden, and do nothing further, I shall enter Paradise?” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

نَعَمْ

Yes.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 9]

23. Abu Malik Al-Ashari reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الْإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلَأُ الْمِيزَانَ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلَآَنِ أَوْ تَمْلَأُ مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَالصَّلَاةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَايِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا

Purification is half of faith. The praise of Allah fills the balance. Saying ‘Glorified be Allah and praise be to Allah’ (subhan Allah wa al-hamdulillah) fills what is between the heavens and the Earth. Prayer is light. Charity is proof of faith. Patience is illumination. The Qur’an is a proof both for you and against you. Each one of us goes forth in the morning as a vendor for his soul. He either achieves its emancipation or brings it to ruin.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 2, Number 432]

24. Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari reported: Among the sayings the Prophet, peace be upon him, relates from his Lord is that Allah Almighty said:

يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me. O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to become as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6246]

25. Abu Dharr reported: Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allah said, “O Messenger of Allah, the affluent have made of with the rewards, they pray as we pray they fast as we fast, and they give away in charity the superfluity of their wealth.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

أولـيـس قـد جعـل الله لكم ما تصدقون؟ إن لكم بكل تسبيحة صدقة، وكل تكبيرة صدقة، وكل تحميدة صدقة، وكل تهليلة صدقة، وأمر بالمعروف صدقة، ونهي عن المنكر صدقة، وفي بضع أحـد كم صـدقـة

Has not Allah made things for you to give away in charity? Every tasbihah (glorification of God) is a charity, every takbirah (declaration God is great) is a charity, every tahmidah (praise of God) is a charity, and every tahlilah (declaration God is one) is a charity, to enjoin a good action is a charity, to forbid an evil action is a charity, and in the sexual act of each of you there is a charity.

They said, “O Messenger of Allah, when one of us fulfills his sexual desire will he have some reward for that?” The Prophet said:

أرأيتم لو وضعها في حرام، أكان عليه وزر؟ فكذلك إذا وضعها في الحلال، كان له أجر

Do you not think that were he to act upon it unlawfully he would be sinning? Likewise, if he has acted upon it lawfully he will have a reward.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1239]

26. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

كل سلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كل يوم تطلع فيه الشمس يعدل بين الناس صدقة

There is charity due upon every joint of the human body; every day on which the sun rises there is a reward of charity for the one who establishes justice among people.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 49, Number 870]

27. Al-Nawwas bin Samaan reported: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

الْبِرُّ حُسْنُ الْخُلُقِ وَالإِثْمُ مَا حَاكَ فِي صَدْرِكَ وَكَرِهْتَ أَنْ يَطَّلِعَ عَلَيْهِ النَّاسُ

Righteousness is to have good character and sin is what festers in your heart and you hate for people to know about it.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6195]

28. Al-‘Irbad ibn Sariyah reported: One day after prayer the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, admonished us such that the eyes wept and hearts shuddered. A man said, “Indeed, this is a farewell speech, so what do you order us, O Messenger of Allah?” He said:

أُوصِيكُمْ بِتَقْوَى اللَّهِ وَالسَّمْعِ وَالطَّاعَةِ وَإِنْ عَبْدٌ حَبَشِيٌّ فَإِنَّهُ مَنْ يَعِشْ مِنْكُمْ يَرَى اخْتِلَافًا كَثِيرًا وَإِيَّاكُمْ وَمُحْدَثَاتِ الْأُمُورِ فَإِنَّهَا ضَلَالَةٌ فَمَنْ أَدْرَكَ ذَلِكَ مِنْكُمْ فَعَلَيْهِ بِسُنَّتِي وَسُنَّةِ الْخُلَفَاءِ الرَّاشِدِينَ الْمَهْدِيِّينَ عَضُّوا عَلَيْهَا بِالنَّوَاجِذِ

I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to listen and obey (your leaders) even if he is a slave from Ethiopia. Indeed, whoever lives among you will see many differences. Beware of newly invented matters, for indeed they are misguidance. So whoever sees that must uphold my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the upright successors who are guided; bite onto it with you molar teeth.

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book, Number 2676, Sahih]

29. Mu’adh ibn Jabal reported: I was with the Prophet, peace be upon him, and we woke up one day and I said, “O Messenger of Allah, tell me about a deed that will enter me into Paradise and keep me away from the Fire.” He said:

لَقَدْ سَأَلْتَنِي عَنْ عَظِيمٍ وَإِنَّهُ لَيَسِيرٌ عَلَى مَنْ يَسَّرَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ تَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ وَلَا تُشْرِكْ بِهِ شَيْئًا وَتُقِيمُ الصَّلَاةَ وَتُؤْتِي الزَّكَاةَ وَتَصُومُ رَمَضَانَ وَتَحُجُّ الْبَيْتَ

You have asked about an enormous matter, yet it is easy for whom Allah makes it easy. Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him; establish the prayer; give the charity; fast the month of Ramadan; and perform pilgrimage to the House.

Then he said:

أَلَا أَدُلُّكَ عَلَى أَبْوَابِ الْخَيْرِ الصَّوْمُ جُنَّةٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ تُطْفِئُ الْخَطِيئَةَ كَمَا يُطْفِئُ الْمَاءُ النَّارَ وَصَلَاةُ الرَّجُلِ مِنْ جَوْفِ اللَّيْلِ

Shall I not tell you about the gates of goodness? Fasting is a shield; charity extinguishes sins just as water extinguishes fire; and the prayer of a man in the late night.

Then he recited:

تَتَجَافَى جُنُوبُهُمْ عَنْ الْمَضَاجِعِ حَتَّى بَلَغَ يَعْمَلُونَ

They arise from their beds; they supplicate their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend from what We have provided them, and no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do. (32:16-17)

Then he said:

أَلَا أُخْبِرُكَ بِرَأْسِ الْأَمْرِ كُلِّهِ وَعَمُودِهِ وَذِرْوَةِ سَنَامِهِ

Shall I not tell you about the head of the matter and its peak?

I said, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah.” He said:

رَأْسُ الْأَمْرِ الْإِسْلَامُ وَعَمُودُهُ الصَّلَاةُ وَذِرْوَةُ سَنَامِهِ الْجِهَادُ

The head of the matter is Islam; its pillar is the prayer; and Jihad is its peak.

Then he said:

أَلَا أُخْبِرُكَ بِمَلَاكِ ذَلِكَ كُلِّهِ

Shall I not tell you how to achieve all of this?

I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah,” and he took hold of his tongue and said:

كُفَّ عَلَيْكَ هَذَا

Restrain this.

I said, “O Prophet of Allah, will what we say be held against us?” He said:

ثَكِلَتْكَ أُمُّكَ يَا مُعَاذُ وَهَلْ يَكُبُّ النَّاسَ فِي النَّارِ عَلَى وُجُوهِهِمْ أَوْ عَلَى مَنَاخِرِهِمْ إِلَّا حَصَائِدُ أَلْسِنَتِهِمْ

May your mother be bereaved of you, O Mu’adh! Is there anything that topples people onto their faces in the Hellfire except the harvest of their tongues?

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book of Faith, Number 2616, Sahih]

30. Abu Tha’laba Al-Khushani reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ فَرَضَ فَرَائِضَ فَلَا تُضَيِّعُوهَا ، وَحَدَّ حُدُودًا فَلَا تَعْتَدُوهَا ، وَسَكَتَ عَنْ أَشْيَاءَ رَحْمَةً لَكُمْ غَيْرَ نِسْيَانٍ فَلَا تَبْحَثُوا عَنْهَا

Indeed, Allah has made duties obligatory, so do not neglect them; and He has set limits, so do not transgress them; and He has remained silent concerning things as mercy for you, not out of forgetfulness, so do not search them out.

[Al-Daraqutni 4/184, Hasan]

31. Sahl bin Saad Al-Saedi reported: A man came to the Prophet and said, “O Messenger of Allah, direct me to an act which, if I do it, will cause Allah to love me and people to love me.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

ازهد في الدنيا يحبك الله، وازهد فيما عند الناس يحبك الناس

Renounce the world and Allah will love you, and renounce what people possess and people will love you.

[Sunan Ibn Majah 4102]

32. Sa’d bin Malik Al-Khudari reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, made a decree:

لاَ ضَرَرَ وَلاَ ضِرَارَ

Do not be harmed or harm others.

[Sunan ibn Majah, Book 13, Number 2340]

33. Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

لو يعطى الناس بدعواهم، لادعى رجال أموال قوم ودماءهم، لكن البيّنة على المُدَّعي واليمين على من أنكر

Were people to be given in accordance with their claim, men would claim the fortunes and lives of [other] people, but the onus of proof is on the claimant, and the taking of an oath is incumbent upon him who denies.

[Al-Bayhaqi 10/252]

34. Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

مَنْ رَأَى مِنْكُمْ مُنْكَرًا فَلْيُغَيِّرْهُ بِيَدِهِ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِلِسَانِهِ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِقَلْبِهِ وَذَلِكَ أَضْعَفُ الْإِيمَانِ

Whoever among you sees something wrong should change it with his hands. If he is unable to do so, then with his tongue. If he is unable to do so, then at least hate it in his heart, and that is the weakest of faith.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 79]

35. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

لاَ تَحَاسَدُوا وَلاَ تَنَاجَشُوا وَلاَ تَبَاغَضُوا وَلاَ تَدَابَرُوا وَلاَ يَبِعْ بَعْضُكُمْ عَلَى بَيْعِ بَعْضٍ وَكُونُوا عِبَادَ اللَّهِ إِخْوَانًا ‏.‏ الْمُسْلِمُ أَخُو الْمُسْلِمِ لاَ يَظْلِمُهُ وَلاَ يَخْذُلُهُ وَلاَ يَحْقِرُهُ ‏.‏ التَّقْوَى هَا هُنَا ‏”‏ ‏.‏ وَيُشِيرُ إِلَى صَدْرِهِ ثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ ‏”‏ بِحَسْبِ امْرِئٍ مِنَ الشَّرِّ أَنْ يَحْقِرَ أَخَاهُ الْمُسْلِمَ كُلُّ الْمُسْلِمِ عَلَى الْمُسْلِمِ حَرَامٌ دَمُهُ وَمَالُهُ وَعِرْضُهُ

Do not envy, and do not outbid each other, and do not hate, and do not turn away, and do not outsell each other, and be servants of Allah as brothers! The Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. He does not wrong him or humiliate him or look down upon him. Godfearingness is here,” and he pointed to his chest three times. “It is sufficient evil for a person to look down upon his brother Muslim. All of the Muslim is sacred to another Muslim: his life, his wealth, and his honor.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6219]

36. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

مَنْ نَفَّسَ عَنْ مُؤْمِنٍ كُرْبَةً مِنْ كُرَبِ الدُّنْيَا نَفَّسَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ كُرْبَةً مِنْ كُرَبِ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ وَمَنْ يَسَّرَ عَلَى مُعْسِرٍ يَسَّرَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَمَنْ سَتَرَ مُسْلِمًا سَتَرَهُ اللَّهُ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَاللَّهُ فِي عَوْنِ الْعَبْدِ مَا كَانَ الْعَبْدُ فِي عَوْنِ أَخِيهِ وَمَنْ سَلَكَ طَرِيقًا يَلْتَمِسُ فِيهِ عِلْمًا سَهَّلَ اللَّهُ لَهُ بِهِ طَرِيقًا إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ وَمَا اجْتَمَعَ قَوْمٌ فِي بَيْتٍ مِنْ بُيُوتِ اللَّهِ يَتْلُونَ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ وَيَتَدَارَسُونَهُ بَيْنَهُمْ إِلاَّ نَزَلَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّكِينَةُ وَغَشِيَتْهُمُ الرَّحْمَةُ وَحَفَّتْهُمُ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ وَذَكَرَهُمُ اللَّهُ فِيمَنْ عِنْدَهُ وَمَنْ بَطَّأَ بِهِ عَمَلُهُ لَمْ يُسْرِعْ بِهِ نَسَبُهُ

He who relieves the hardship of a believer in this world, Allah will relieve his hardship on the Day of Judgment. He who makes easy what is difficult, Allah will make it easy for him in the world and the Hereafter. He who conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in the world and the Hereafter. Allah helps the servant so long as he helps his brother. He who travels a path in search of knowledge, Allah will make easy a path to Paradise. A people do not gather together in the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying together, except that tranquility will descend upon them, mercy will cover them, angels will surround them, and Allah will mention them to those with Him. And he who is slow to good deeds will not be hastened by his lineage

[Sahih Muslim, Book 35, Number 6518]

37. Ibn Abbas reported: Among the sayings of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, that he relates from his Lord is:

إن الله تعالى كتب الحسنات والسيئات، ثم بين ذلك، فمن هم بحسنة فلم يعملها كتبها الله عنده حسنة كاملة، وإن هم بها فعملها كتبها الله تعالى عنده عشر حسنات إلى سبعمائة ضعف إلى أضعاف كثيرة، وإن هم بسيئة فلم يعملها كتبها الله عنده حسنة كاملة، وإن هم بها فعملها كتبها الله عنده سيئة واحدة

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then he explained it: He who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

[Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim]

38. Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَالَ مَنْ عَادَى لِي وَلِيًّا فَقَدْ آذَنْتُهُ بِالْحَرْبِ وَمَا تَقَرَّبَ إِلَيَّ عَبْدِي بِشَيْءٍ أَحَبَّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا افْتَرَضْتُ عَلَيْهِ وَمَا يَزَالُ عَبْدِي يَتَقَرَّبُ إِلَيَّ بِالنَّوَافِلِ حَتَّى أُحِبَّهُ فَإِذَا أَحْبَبْتُهُ كُنْتُ سَمْعَهُ الَّذِي يَسْمَعُ بِهِ وَبَصَرَهُ الَّذِي يُبْصِرُ بِهِ وَيَدَهُ الَّتِي يَبْطِشُ بِهَا وَرِجْلَهُ الَّتِي يَمْشِي بِهَا وَإِنْ سَأَلَنِي لَأُعْطِيَنَّهُ وَلَئِنْ اسْتَعَاذَنِي لَأُعِيذَنَّهُ وَمَا تَرَدَّدْتُ عَنْ شَيْءٍ أَنَا فَاعِلُهُ تَرَدُّدِي عَنْ نَفْسِ الْمُؤْمِنِ يَكْرَهُ الْمَوْتَ وَأَنَا أَكْرَهُ مَسَاءَتَهُ

Indeed, Allah Almighty said: Whoever shows hostility to a friend of mine, then I have declared war upon him. My servant does not grow closer to me with anything more beloved to Me than the duties I have imposed upon him. My servant continues to draw near me with extra works until I love him. When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hands with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask something from me, I would surely give it to him; and if he were to ask me for refuge, I would surely grant it to him.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 76, Number 509]

40. Abu Dharr Al-Ghifari reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَجَاوَزَ عَنْ أُمَّتِي الْخَطَأَ وَالنِّسْيَانَ وَمَا اسْتُكْرِهُوا عَلَيْهِ

Verily, Allah has pardoned my nation for their mistakes, their forgetfulness, and what they are coerced into doing.

[Sunan Ibn Majah, Book of Divorce, Number 2043, Sahih]

40. Abdullah bin Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, took hold of my shoulder and said:

كُنْ فِي الدُّنْيَا كَأَنَّكَ غَرِيبٌ، أَوْ عَابِرُ سَبِيلٍ

Be in the world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.

Ibn Umar used to say:

إِذَا أَمْسَيْتَ فَلاَ تَنْتَظِرِ الصَّبَاحَ، وَإِذَا أَصْبَحْتَ فَلاَ تَنْتَظِرِ الْمَسَاءَ، وَخُذْ مِنْ صِحَّتِكَ لِمَرَضِكَ، وَمِنْ حَيَاتِكَ لِمَوْتِكَ

At evening do not expect to live till morning, and at morning do not expect to live till evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 76, Number 425]

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.